Friday, April 23, 2010

Scotland





I stayed in Edinburgh, Scotland for two nights. The main attraction in Edinburgh is the Edinburgh Castle. It was misting all morning so I didn't enjoy that (it was quite cold), but the castle was really cool and the Scottish tour guide was hillarious- though I did have to avoid being spat on when he got carried away. At the castle I saw the Scottish Crown Jewels- not really comparable to English... but still pretty.



I also went on a lovely walk in Holyrood Park where I saw amazing 360 views of Edinburgh and the surrounding area.


As my flight to Dublin was cancelled because of the volcano, I ended up taking a train to the West coast of Scotland and taking a ferry over to Belfast in Northern Ireland. It wasn't too much of a hassle (though I better get my flight refunded) but it did cost me a day of travel (and flying was cheaper). Belfast was freeeeeeeezing. I barely saw any of it because I was too cold to care.

1 comment:

  1. well Amy, i guess you shouldn't come to peru, because i have to avoid getting spat on at least once a week. is the volcano going to affect your coming home at all?

    ReplyDelete