Once I left London I headed for Bath. Bath is a very cute little town with the beautiful Bath Abbey. From Bath I took a day trip to Avebury where the less famous but larger and better than Stonehenge stone circle exists. It was gorgeous! Unlike Stonehenge, you are still free to walk up to the stones and touch them. The stone circle consists of 200 stones surrounded by a massive ditch. It was constructed from 2500-2200 B.C. It was cool to be surrounded by such ancient stones. I also saw the unremarkable biggest man made hill in ancient Europe constructed in 2800 B.C.

In Liverpool I walked around and went to the Beatles museum! It was awesome to read all about their lives growing up and their success story etc.

Manchester was a little too 'big city' for me (London wore me out). I walked around and checked out the town hall. It's incredible to see these buildings from the 17th century that people work in everyday. It's also really interesting how intermixed old and new architecture is here. It actually kind of irritates me that they put new ugly buildings next to gorgeous old buildings... but I guess they have so many it's no big deal for them.
I really really enjoyed York. It's the cuteste little town. York Minster is incredibly beautiful and serene. The town of York is surrounded by an ancient Roman wall constructed in AD 71. It was lovely to walk around and enjoy the daffodils.

In Newcastle I visted my friend Ryan (Ish) who is attending medical school there. The first night we had some awesome Indian food then beat Super Mario Bros (nintendo).The next day we went out to the coast where we saw some castle ruins. After walking along the river we enjoyed a homemade dinner of salmon and pizza- an excellent combination.
more pics!
http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2393763017/a=138185395_138185395/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfishuk/

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo fun! Hope the volcano didn't interfere too badly. Europe!! YEEE!!
ReplyDelete