Friday, April 23, 2010

Ireland

I spent the last few days in Dublin (pictures to come soon) where I had a fabulous time. My first night there I met two girls from Montana and we became best friends. The first day in Dublin Jackie and Danni and I went on a guided walking tour of Dublin. We also went to the Kilmainham Gaol- a very old and kind of creepy prison. After the prison tour we enjoyed beer from the Porterhouse. In the spirit of being tourists in Dublin, we decided to take part in a pub crawl. The crawl consisted of paying a set amount of money and then being taken around to different pubs by a tour guide (and getting drink discounts). It was Tuesday night so it wasn't exactly hopping... but we had a lot of fun together.
Last night in Dublin the girls and I enjoyed a Guiness at the Temple Bar and then made big pasta dinners (complete with wine). Sadly we said our goodbyes this morning. They have been stranded in Dublin for a week waiting to go back to the states and I have traveled south to Cork.

Today after a long train ride from Dublin, I arrived in Cork and promptly went to the Blarney Castle where I kissed the Blarney stone! Now I am endowed with eloquence... watch out!
Tomorrow I am going west to Killarney where I will enjoy the National Park.

I'll post some pics soon! Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment