I've decided that I am having way too much fun. It is quite difficult for me to find the time to update this blog and my photos.
Killarney National Park was beautiful. I walked all around the lake and saw another castle, Ross Castle. It was a very gloomy day and eventually began to rain to I went back to my hostel and made friends. First I made friends with a girl, Ayala from Israel. Then together we made friends with two German girls, Anne and Maria. The four of us went to several pubs together. One had live traditional Irish music and the others had live modern music. It was quite fun. At every bar, the German girls ordered beers, the Israeli girl ordered vodka lemonade and the California girl ordered wine.
Yesterday I traveled up to Galway. Here I walked around and took in the sites of this rather beautiful town. It's really beautiful here, with a river running through the center of town (a clean river that is). Today I spent the entire day on the Aran Islands. Well actually just one island- Inis Mor. The morning was very foggy and wet and I was worried that my day on the islands would be a bit miserable, but it turned out to be gorgeous!
I rented a bicycle and rode around to different areas of the island. One of the most reknown attractions I saw today is the Dun Aonghasa- a semi Circular Celtic Stone fort built in c.2000 B.C. It was extremely beautiful and I can't wait till I can post pictures of it! After a long day riding around in the sunshine (though not quite warm) I decided to splurge and end my time in Ireland with a guiness and fish and chips. It was fabulous!
Now I am back in Galway and need to make it to Dublin to catch my 6am flight to France! I decided that I would just go straight to the airport from Galway because by the time I actually get to a hostel in Dublin it will be time to leave to go to the airport... and that's just a waste of money! So here goes... I'm sleeping in the airport! Don't worry I'll be careful.
Unfortunately, the computer I am on right now will not allow me to upload photos because it is too slow. I guess they will have to wait till I'm in France!
Ciao!
pics! http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2447625017/a=138185395_138185395/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amy, I enjoy reading your blog and tracking your travels. Keep them coming! I hope to meet you when you return. Your mom just loves you so much and misses you.
ReplyDelete