Wednesday, April 14, 2010

London- the other days



It's been awhile since I've posted and I've done quite a bit!
My days in London sort of blended together so I'm going to summarize as best I can.

My 2nd and 3rd days in London are kind of a blur so I will summarize what I saw: Hyde Park (lovely and right next to my hostel), Kew Gardens (Botanic Gardens- gotta love em.. everything is blooming!), Tate Britain (art museum with lots of old art, and also modern and contemporary). I also saw St. Paul's Cathedral and maybe more! I made friends with a German girl, Jasmin and we went to dinner at the local pub- fish and chips of course. I also made friends with an Austrian boy and we saw some sights together and ate at an Italian joint near the hostel.



On Sunday I went to Cambridge and checked out where all those smart kids study in a very gorgeous setting.

My last day in London I started out by going to the Tower of London. They have great audio recordings that you can rent and wander around listening about different exhibits. I made sure to check out the Crown Jewels.. oh my gosh, so beautiful! Diamonds Diamonds Diamonds! I walked along the river gazing at the famous Tower Bridge until I ended up at The Monument. A 202ft tall tower that was constructed to commemorate the fire of 1666. After an exhausting 311 steps to the top I saw lovely views of London. Afterwards I wandered around Piccadilly Circus, Covent Gardens and Leicester Square...the busiest (at least in my opinion) areas in London and the most city-like. I also went to the Camden Market which has rows upon rows of things to buy- mainly clothes. I knew that nothing would fit in my bag so I resisted from buying anything... buy someday I plan to come back to London just to shop. Everyone dresses soooo cute here! I'm jealous of all their coats and boots. It is definitely hard walking around in jeans, tennis shoes and outdoor jackets when everyone around me looks so fashionable. I also walked around Regent's Park including Queen Mary's Garden. It was a blustery day, but quite nice still.



pictures are up! copy and paste this link into a new tab:
http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2393485017/a=138185395_138185395/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

1 comment: