Thursday, April 8, 2010

London- Day 1

I'm in LONDON!
After a 10 hour flight and a very confusing walk to my hostel- went the wrong direction for quite some time- 40lbs on my back.. I made it!
Today is Day 1. For you it's 9 am, for me it's 5pm.

So far today I have:

Seen Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Parliament, I toured Westminster Abbey, wandered around Green Park, St. James's Park, and Tralfalgar Square, and saw some amazing art at the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery.
At the National Gallery I saw Claude Monet's "The Water-Lily Pond" painting- it has been a favourite of mine since I was young. I also saw Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" and many other awesome historic paintings. At the National Portrait Gallery I really enjoyed looking at the paintings of English Royalty.. particularly the Queens.

This evening I am going to go to a wine bar and then for dinner I'll probably get some fish and chips (since I haven't had any "British" food yet).

Not sure what tomorrow will bring.. probably a few more museums and markets. I have 3 more days in London so I have plenty of time to see all the great tourists spots.
I am very much enjoying wandering aimlessly until I come across historic buildings, parks and museums. It's great not have an agenda or really know where I'm going.

Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

  1. thats awesome.. just missed your message on skype today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! I hope you will be posting some pictures of your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a comment and it's not here now! I loved reading your update! Sounds amazing!!! Keep 'em coming :) Luv ya! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. what about cute boys with bad teeth? Maybe thats after the wine bar :)

    ReplyDelete