Friday, March 4, 2011

The journey continues.. Costa Rica!

I left off last in Spain and that was back in December. Since then I spent 3 wonderful months at home enjoying comfort and luxury and my parent's wonderful company.

But alas, the time had come to leave the freezing winter and get to sunny, beautiful, Costa Rica. I left on February 27th. I flew into San Jose and spent the night at a very cute hostel run by two lovely Costa Ricans (Ticos). The following morning I decided to get out of the city (didn't explore it at all) and head straight to the beach. After a grueling 7 hour bus ride (no air conditioning) I made it to Tamarindo- home of the gringos (white people). There are many tourists here but the beaches are so nice that it doesn't really bother me much. I have spent the past week making friends, hanging out at the beach and by the pool at my hostel. Needless to say, I'm in heaven!

On Monday I will move north to Playas del Coco and then on to Nicaragua where I will be working on a permaculture farm on la Isla de Ometepe.

Apologies in advance because it is not likely that I will update the blog very much while down here. The beach is just too tempting!

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment