
(the mountains from left are the Eiger, the Monch, and the Jungfrau-the top of Europe-4158m)
I LOVE SWITZERLAND!
It is incredibly gorgeous here.
I had to skip Geneva and Luasanne because of no vacancies but that was alright with me because I wanted out of cities. I spent my first two nights in Iterlaken. There I was surrounded by people going skydiving, hang gliding, canyoning and every other extreme sport you can think of. I opted out doing anything extreme because it was incredibly expensive. I did enjoy walking around the town and the lakes. I met some awesome girls from Canada- Jenene and Melissa and we had an excellent time together.
After some fun and sun in Interlaken I went up the mountain to Lauterbrunnen (population= 2,480) where I spent three nights. With Lauterbrunnen as my base I spent 4 days exploring the the Jungfrau region. On my first day I walked to Trummelbach falls. It's these series of waterfalls inside a mountain, so it was like being in a cave with water flowing everywhere (reminded me of cave stream in NZ). Along the walk to the falls there were wildflowers everywhere and cows with bells that sounded like windchimes. The next day I hiked to two tiny towns: Murren (pop 440) and Gimmevald (pop 120!). The views were incredible along the hike! I was also very lucky to have such good weather.
On my last two days in the region I explored the other side of the mountain including the town Grindelvald (pop 3,840). I walked to the Balchapsee Lake which provided more amazing views. So basically I did was hiking hiking hiking.
Now I'm in Zermatt (Matterhorn area) enjoying.. more hiking! It's not quite as beautiful here as the Jungfrau region, but still very impressive.
Today I'm off to Luzern then Zurich, then Italy!
Here are some new pics!
http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2610708017/a=138185395_138185395/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Interlaken

No comments:
Post a Comment